Season tickets were mailed out earlier this week and accompanying them were the updated rules to tailgating at Commonwealth Stadium. Not much of a change here but hey, rules are made to be broken right? Keep it classy….
Tow-Behind Trailer Policy
- Tow-behind trailers will NOT be permitted on paved surface lots within the Commonwealth Stadium complex, unless they too have a permit.
- Guests bringing a tow-behind trailer, without a permit for the trailer, will be directed to the nearest grass lot.
- All tow-behind trailers will be directed to park in the periphery of the grass lots.
- Guests bringing tow-behind trailers, without a permit for the trailer, may contact the K Fund office in advance (859.257.6300) to set-up an in-person exchange of their Red, Blue, or Green permit for an Orange or Purple grass lot permit.
Guest Golf Cart Use
- Guest’s golf cart use will be prohibited within the Commonwealth Stadium complex, including all parking lots, sidewalks, streets, etc.
- This includes motorized scooters/coolers, etc. Motorized wheelchairs for individuals with disabilities will be permitted.
- Guests are asked not to bring golf carts to the complex.
Cooper Drive Tailgate & Parking
- Tailgate set-ups and parking vehicles on Cooper Drive may begin no earlier than Noon on Fridays prior to Game Day.
- Beginning at Noon on Friday, two vehicles will be permitted to parallel park outside/along the painted 6′ restraining line, within each designated tailgate area. Vehicles will be restricted from parking in any water retention ditches, flood areas, sidewalks, and otherwise marked-off areas.
- Backpacks will NOT be permitted in Commonwealth Stadium.
- Purses, small handbags, etc. will be permitted.
- All bags are subject to search.
Game Day Traffic on Hospital Drive – UK Med Center Emergency Room
- Hospital Drive, connecting Limestone and University Drive, will be closed and restricted to Emergency Room traffic ONLY on Game Day. Guests with Parking Structure #1 permits may only access Parking Structure #1 via University Drive.
Cameras: Cameras (still & video) may enter Commonwealth Stadium, provided they are not used to record live game action and don’t obstruct sightlines.
Chair Backs: Guests are permitted to bring their own seat cushions, provided they don’t exceed 18″ in length. Chairbacks may also be rented at Commonwealth Stadium. Quantities are limited and are only available while supplies last. Sales will begin when gates open, and end when sold out or at the end of the first quarter. Chair backs are available at the upper and lower concourses at Gates 4, 9, and 12.
Elevators: Persons with disabilities will be permitted to use the suite elevators at each corner of the stadium. Please enter Commonwealth Stadium via the security lines outside each gate and enter the elevator lobby from inside the lower stadium concourse. The press box elevator is reserved for media only.
First Aid: Located on lower concourse behind section 113 (north side) and 133 (south side); on upper concourse next to northeast & southwest elevators.
Guest Services: Guest Services stations are available to address any questions or concerns you may have, and are available inside Gates 3, 6, 11 & 15.
No Pass Outs: Per SEC rules, no pass-out checks are issued for guests who wish to leave the stadium during the game. Guests leaving the stadium must have a new, unused ticket to re-enter the stadium.
Prohibited Items: alcohol, aluminum containers, artificial noisemakers, firearms, food, glass containers, ice/ice chests, portable heaters, backpacks, any items considered dangerous to Commonwealth Stadium guests. All items brought into Commonwealth Stadium are subject to search. Banners, flags, signs and poles are prohibited unless approved by UK Athletics.
Stadium Gates: Commonwealth Stadium gates open two (2) hours prior to kick-off.
Security Checks: Security personnel are positioned at all stadium points of entry. All bags are subject to search. Backpacks will not be permitted to enter Commonwealth Stadium.
Smoking: The University of Kentucky Campus, including Commonwealth Stadium, is tobacco free.
Traffic: Beginning approximately three (3) hours prior to kick off, all intersections will be on-control for in-bound traffic only.
Umbrellas: Guests are permitted to bring in umbrellas; however, they may not be opened inside the stadium.
Water Bottles: Guests are permitted to bring in one (1) un-opened bottle of water, smaller than a liter.
Will Call: Public will call opens two (2) hours prior to kick-off and is located at the ticket booth outside Gate 4.