Don’t look now, but Kentucky won another home game yesterday! The Cats did what they have done over 30 times in a row under Coach Cal, win in the friendly confines! They manage to keep themselves alive for the bye in the SEC tournament and send Billy D. back south with a loss, which is always pleasing. Some thoughts…
– Did the team who won yesterday in Rupp look any different to you than the team who lost in Arkansas? The only differences to me were that Miller hit shots he missed on Wednesday and Lamb played defense well enough to stay on the floor long enough to hit a few shots. I saw the same effort, concentration, and poise that I have seen in nearly every game this year. The only difference? A few shots fell that have not fallen in the losses.
– Dear Darius Miller, You played splendidly yesterday and you have played well for several games in a row now. This makes me very happy, but I still don’t trust you. You are playing like the player I knew you could be, but I am still going to be all over you. I am scared to death that if I leave you alone, you will revert back to the “possum”. You were the key to a championship last year and you are the key to making this final leg of this season memorable.
– Cameron Mills said on the pregame show yesterday that the Kentucky teams he played on were very tired at this point in the season and they had a 10 or 12 man rotation. I found this interesting for a few reasons. First, for those who continue to say this team is not suffering from fatigue, you are obviously insane. Secondly, at this point in the season, ALL teams are fatigued, no matter how many players they have in their rotation. Lastly, if Cameron Mills was tired in his first few years at this point in the season, Jon Hood must be exhausted.
– In other pregame radio news, Matt Jones hosted the pregame call-in show and mentioned he was at practice all week for an all-access piece he is doing on UK for CBS Sports. He spoke of Stacey Poole and his lack of playing time a little with Oscar Combs. He told of a story where Poole was not paying attention in practice and Calipari pointed out to Stacey that “this is why you aren’t playing”. Oscar made a comment that inferred that one of the “bench riders” isn’t playing because they are not that intelligent. I have no idea if this was in reference to Poole or not, but this kind of explains his lack of court time.
– How cool would it be if Kentucky busted out the denim uniforms for Jorts Day Tuesday night?
– C! A! T! S!