– The West (Kyle Wiltjer, Anthony Davis, Marquis Teague) lost to the East (Michael Gilchrist) last night in the 2011 McD’s All-American game. Mike G was named co-MVP tallying 16 and 12 alongside some kid from UNC. Anthony Davis was a monster and is suprisingly good at handling the rock, Davis contributed 14 points, 6 rebounds and 4 blocks. Teague put on a show for a stretch of the game, including a breakaway reverse slam, he finished with 9 points and 3 assists. Kyle Wiltjer also impressed shooting it well including a sky hook shot that was all net, he ended the game with 11. No disappointment for me, even with staying up till 12:30, it was good to see a Kentucky kid on the court the entire evening.
– You’ve probably heard but the NBA is probing Jay-Z for his locker room visit to the Cats. No that is not a rap song, they really are looking to see if he broke rules. The Cats are fine, they didn’t do anything. Moving on, there’s nothing to see here.
– 3 years ago on this day we lost an integral member of the Big Blue Nation, Mr. Wildcat Bill Keightley. Both Rob and Myself have dogs named Keightley so that pretty much sums it up how big of fans we were and are of the legend. He will be missed.
– The governors of Kentucky and Connecticut made a bet on the game. Connecticut will wager ice cream and Kentucky will wager a ham (not alive I hope, that would be weird).
– Most importantly the Cats landed in Houston yesterday evening and are hitting the ground running to media events, practices and the rest of the Final Four activities.
– Joker Phillips was impressed with the QB’s effort in practice on Wed., said they were shinning stars compared to previous days.
– Rick Pitino is making 7.5 million dollars a year and it ain’t from pimpin’.
– John Wall was ejected last night in the Wizards – Heat contest for throwing a punch at Miami’s big Z. After watching the tape I don’t blame him.