Thank you to our service men and women who have served this country. Your actions give us the right to be free and we are forever indebted to that. Thank all of you from TGR.
– Jim Tressel is accused of pulling a Bruce Pearl and knowingly provided false information to the NCAA, amidst other possible infractions. Today he resigned. As Pitino would say, how dare you bring this up on Memorial Day. Urban Meyer to OSU tomorrow, I’m starting that rumor right now.
– Nation of Blue has a some great comments from DeMarcus Sweat, Joker’s most recent commitment. Here’s what Jeremy Jarmon’s cousin had to say, “Dang, it feels good…It feels great to be a Wildcat. I told Coach Phillips, ‘I’m ready when you offer,’ before I left campus. They gave me the offer and I pulled the trigger. We both just wanted me to go home and talk it over with my parents to be sure it was the right decision. Before I even committed I knew I was going to play in the state of Kentucky. It was either Kentucky or Louisville, whichever came first with the offer. Kentucky is just home for me. That’s all I can say, it’s just a great home and I can’t say no.”
– Congrats to the women’s softball team and their remarkable season. Falling short of the world series stings but it was a magical, historic season for the ladies and we congratulate you for that.
– Lee Todd in his final few days on the job had some things to say about Rupp Arena and the apparent need for improvements. Here goes it:
Q: Will you acknowledge that UK prefers a new arena rather than a renovation of Rupp?
A: “UK prefers it be downtown. That is our first preference. And we would hope it’d be downtown and accommodate the needs of our program.”
Q: John Calipari and Mitch Barnhart talk about how UK basketball needs to be the gold standard. Why doesn’t Rupp Arena represent the gold standard?
A: “If you go out and compare it to amenities in other forums that are out there, (Rupp Arena) has got a lot of things missing. The suites. The club (seating), which is very attractive to fans. Video boards. So it is lacking some things. We want to keep it an up-to-date arena.”
Q: Why is keeping current important?
A: “It gives fans a better experience. And it gives you the opportunity (to boost) K Fund donations. We’re in the lower third (of the SEC). The more money we can generate, the more things we can do with that funding. We’re missing an opportunity, I think, to maximize the potential we can get from the fan base willing to pay it if we provide something different.”
– According to KSR, former Cat T.C. Drake has been hospitalized after a motorcycle accident in Bardstown. He is in stable condition at a Louisville hospital.
– Did anybody even pay attention to the Senior PGA Championship?
Off to the pool.