The first full week of June is upon us and that means only one thing and one thing only… it is no longer May!
– The biggest news of the weekend came late last night when several sites reported that the Blaylock twins of Georgia, Zack and Daron, have committed the Joker Phillips and the University of Kentucky. Daron projects as an outside linebacker and Zack a strong safety in college. The two chose Kentucky over several ACC schools and some SEC pursuers. The two are said to be great tacklers and high level athletes. They are also the sons of former Atlanta hawk star, Mookie Blaylock. I will have more on them later.
– Game 3 of the NBA Finals came and went last night with the Heat taking a 2-1 series lead with an 88-86 victory in Dallas. Jamaal Magloire did all he could to lead the Heat to victory accept play in the actual game.
– Today marks the first day of Kentucky’s summer session which means that all of the incoming freshmen are welcomed onto campus if they choose to attend. This is significant UK sports news because Kyle Wiltjer, Anthony Davis, Mike Gilchrist, and marquis Teague will all be making their first appearances around Lexington real soon. If you catch a peak of one of the stars, send a pic to Fertig (email@example.com), he loves that stuff.
– In TGR’s MLB news our 3 teams are not fairing very well as of now. Tampa is 4-6 in their last 10 and fell 4 games behind New York after a 9-6 loss to Seattle yesterday. Atlanta is 5-5 in their last 10, 3 ½ games behind Philly and lost to the Mets yesterday, 6-4. The Reds have lost 6 of the last 10, they are 5 ½ games behind St. Louis and lost to the Dodgers yesterday, 9-6.
All three of our teams made the playoffs last year; I think the odds are very slim of repeating that feat this season.
– This sentence is all of the real-estate I will give the Calipari to the Knicks rumors on this site, ever.
In odd news, Former Cat, Rhoderick Rhodes, has added another possible high school he might coach in the state of Kentucky. The Harlan Daily News/Jeff Archer of WYMT/Scott Anderson of Nation of Blue report that Rhodes is interested in the boys coaching vacancy at Harlan High School. Rhodes has already applied for the coaching opening at Owsley County High School.
Stay tuned today for several interesting stories. At this point, I am not clear on what they will be, but I am sure something will happen. C! A! T! S!