Things are becoming very comfortable weather wise in the Bluegrass. It is great weather to go pantless!
– Game times for the 2011 Basketball Hall of Fame Tip-Off were announced yesterday. The 2011 tournament will take place from Mohegan Sun Arena in Uncasville, Connecticut and include Long Island University (Northeast), Marist College (MAAC), Old Dominion University (CAA), Penn State University (Big Ten), Radford University (Big South), University of Kentucky (SEC), University of South Florida (Big East) and the University of Vermont (America East). Kentucky will tip-off the tournament at 12 noon on Saturday November 19 against Penn State. I have no clue why Kentucky is playing in this tournament. Someone at UK must enjoy playing the slots.
– Congratulations to the George Rogers Clark Cardinal baseball team for their, what I would consider to be, unlikely, run in the post-season. Coach Allison and his 22-12 Cards fell last night in the Kentucky Insurance/KHSAA State Tournament at Whitaker Bank Ballpark to the Central Hardin Bruins (33-4). The CHHS offense over powered the Cards for a 9-0 victory.
– Not all was bad involving Central Hardin High School and TGR yesterday. Patrick Graffree, a 6’4″, 245 lb. defensive lineman, gave his verbal commitment to Joker and the Cats for 2012. Graffree was receiving interest from several schools, including Louisville. Aaron of Bleed Blue Kentucky says that Graffree was under the radar because he has only lived in Kentucky for 2 years.
– Kentucky utility man, Neiko Johnson, signed a free-agent deal with the Houston Astros this week. Johnson was injured for the most part of 2011 with a finger boo-boo, but was productive while he was on the field. From the first time I saw Neiko play for the cats, I thought he had a great shot at being a Major Leaguer. Neiko will have a shot now of playing for the Lexington Legends, which would make him the first UK player to strap on a Legends jersey in the team’s history.
– The TGR-MLB Review looks like this… The Braves lost to Houston lat night, 8-3, but have won 7 of 10 and are only 2.5 behind the Phillies. The Reds did not play last night, but have worked there way back above .500 and 3.5 games back in the NL Central. Tampa is 4.5 games back in the AL East after winning 6 of their last 10 games. It has to suck to play in the same division as the yanks and Sox.
Keep it here today for some Tuesday Tweets action, nudity, and more! C! A! T! S!